Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hunger Games, The Movie Version

Today, I had the opportunity to watch the movie, The Hunger Games. I watched it with two of my kids, JoAnn and Lia, and my partner, in our bedroom, on our very old 13 inch TV. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sustain through watching the whole thing. For the most part, I do not like watching movies at home. I made it about 2/3 of the way through before getting that rather claustrophobic feeling that tells me I really don't want to be watching a movie anymore, which is pretty good. I did persevere and make it through. My thoughts are that it was lacking. It seems a lot of the themes of the book were sort of run over. Many of the characterizations didn't feel as deep as in the books, most noticeably Peeta and Haymitch. If I was just watching it, not having read the book, I would rate it a 4 out of 5 though which certainly isn't bad. It was a good movie, I think. I just was hoping for a bit more.

No comments: