Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Family and the Two C's

My word for 2009 is "Celebrate," and of course, most of my celebrating includes my wonderful family. We have been celebrating all the new and full moons, and other special occasions that have come to pass, and I can see that it is a good thing for us to have this regular together time.

As I have been celebrating, I have realized how important it is to focus on another "C" word, and that word is communication. So the two words, celebrate and communicate, have become linked in my mind as my focal points for the year. It is scary to communicate. There are so many fears! One can be rejected, or ask a stupid questions, or make someone angry or sad, or make a fool of oneself.

Even in the most close and loving families, each person is an individual with their own likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. It is so important to talk, talk, talk (or write, write, write). Don't let others get in the way of getting your needs met. Ask for what you need. If people's needs are conflicting, even more discussion is needed. Think outside that box. Find a solution. You may not be able to please everyone every time, but you should be able to find mutually agreeable solutions most of the time.

If you do something wrong, say that you are sorry. If you change your mind about something, let others know right away. If you have doubts or worries share them, and of course, also share you enthusiasm and joy! Ask for the things you need. Compliment those who deserve it. "Thank you" and "I love you" should not be neglected.

We are not perfect here at Faerie Gardens, but we are all working at being open, authentic individuals living a consensual life that we can all be happy with.

No comments: